WLCX / WLXR / HIT 105-FM
2012 Radio Reunion is History!
The WLCX / WLXR / HIT 105-FM Radio Reunion was held on the weekend of August 3-4, 2012 and was a LOT of fun! Turn out was excellent, with people coming from out of state and even out of the country! For those that were able to attend, I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. What an awesome walk down memory lane, with some of the best people one could ever hope to have the pleasure of working with!
I need to express my sincere gratitude to several people for their assistance in making the radio reunion so special…
- Reunion Steering Committee: I would like to thank Art Fahey, Becky Bruehl-Bestul, Beth Habeck-Warden, Bob Freeman, Karen Brown-Ekiss, Myrna Dennis-Schmidt and Margie Neader for helping out with advice & direction, tracking down missing employees, and a variety of other tasks (Station Tours, Hotels, Promotion, Photos, Memorabilia, etc., etc.). Thank you!!!!
- Slide Show Presentation: Thanks to so many of you that contributed photos, Terry Wirkus & Karen Brown-Ekiss were able to take their own photos, plus those submitted, and put together an amazing slideshow (nearly 30 minutes long) that we were able to play both Friday and Saturday nights. Terry Wirkus was also able to provide a projector for our use on Sat. Thanks also to Jon Bestul & Karen Brown for help with setup and take-down help on Sat. Awesome!
- Pizza Sponsors on Friday Night: Thank you to the following people who sponsored pizzas on Friday night: Mark Bruns (2), Bill Hoel, Margie Neader, Becky Bruehl-Bestul. Very much appreciated!!!!!
- Beer Sponsor on Saturday Night: Big thanks to Chuck Knight, who offered to buy a 1/2 barrel of beer on Saturday night… and then still agreed to do it, even after finding out the high cost. Chuck was definitely there with us, in spirit! Thanks, Chuck!!
- Many Others!! Many people volunteered their time to assist with a variety of things such as helping to find missing people, scanning in old photos, arranging room reservations (special thanks to Steve Michaels for help with Big Al’s), etc., etc. If you helped and your name isn’t listed it, my apologies…. but please know your efforts were sincerely appreciated! THANK YOU!!
And, of course, it would not have been much of a reunion without attendees! To those that attended: I realize that attending the reunion took valuable time out of your busy summer schedules, not to mention the travel and lodging costs incurred by many of you. I am so honored that you made it!!
Next Reunion?? The consensus seemed to be that we should get together at least every 5 years. So, let’s plan to have another reunion sometime in 2017. If you are interested in helping out with the next reunion, by all means let me know!
See you in 2017, if not sooner!
Reunion Coordinator and
Former Chief of Soda Maintenance